[Scummvm-devel] Log file support

Michael Madsen michael at birdiesoft.dk
Wed Nov 24 17:35:28 CET 2010

While certainly *possible*, it would be quite inconvenient. While, at least on Windows 7, you can fairly easily export those log entries to a text file, it's not a very practical format.

It seems like it will also be harder to guide a user to access the logs: the event log viewer changed between XP and Vista, so you have to do things differently. For the log files, on the other hand, you just type %APPDATA%\ScummVM into the Explorer address bar, and you're there, regardless of Windows version.

Michael