[Scummvm-devel] Bi-annual ScummVM binary size email

Neil neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 18:05:46 CEST 2010

  Hi everyone,

In building the DS port for 1.2.0 I have noticed that the ScummVM binary
size has again increased by about 100Kb.  I know that constant
development on a project like ScummVM is bound to increase the binary
size, but the problem is that various parts of the game are now very
close to running out of memory.  I'm sure under the right conditions I
could make the games crash now.

The translation code is not enabled on the DS, and athrxx has also
kindly helped by #ifdeffing some of the FM Towns code which is not
needed.  If anyone knows of anything else I could remove or shrink down
it would be of great help.

I have examined the code for binary size savings for a very long time
now, and I think I've got most of the easy wins, so I'm mostly
interested in code which has been added since 1.1.1.

Thanks,

- Neil (agentq)