[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm-devel Digest, Vol 53, Issue 5

M. Kiewitz m_kiewitz at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 7 15:10:37 CEST 2010

> I think we should maybe change this to warnings for the
> release version, to
> prevent ones that were missed during testing from seemingly
> "crashing" ScummVM.
> (We could defaulting to init-to-zero behaviour maybe.)
>
> We talked about this a few times on IRC in the past, but I
> don't know if there
> was any consensus then.

I guess we could just call the console and display the error AND make it also possible to just press ESC and resume playing (w/ using 0 as replacement then). Of course this would cause issues on platforms like the wii, so maybe it should only get done for platforms like Mac, Windows and Linux.

Otherwise there could be some #define like OFFICIAL_RELEASE, which would enable code that automatically returns 0 as replacement in case the issue isn't known and no warning getting written anywhere.

Regards