[Scummvm-devel] ATTN: Porters: Define for release builds.

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:04:18 CEST 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to notify all of our porters that we nowadays always
define RELEASE_BUILD for release builds. This is done automatically by
the configure/make based system and MSVC. All custom build systems
should define it for releases themselves.

This define is for example currently used in SCI to turn an error
call, used in the testing phase to uncover script bugs, into a warning
for smoother user experience with release builds. Nevertheless it
might be that in the future more code behaves different when it is
set, so please make sure all you guys have it defined when doing the
upcoming release build.

// Johannes