[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2.5 engine

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:12:41 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Joost Peters <joostp at 7fc1.org> wrote:
> The PSP port currently fails to build with this engine and dynamic
> plugins enabled, see:
> http://buildbot.scummvm.org/buildbot/builders/trunk-psp/builds/6747/steps/compile/logs/stdio
>
> The reason seems to be that the sword25 engine references stuff from
> libpng directly, but this library isn't being linked with the plugins.
>
> Rather than conditionally adding -lpng to the plugin link flags, I think
> it would be nicer if the PNG loading went through the common graphics
> code, like for example the JPEG code in graphics/.

That is definitely the way to go. MinGW plugin code on Windows relies
on the same behavior btw. that is why we have the zlib interfaces in
common/zlib.h.

> In addition to this, it'd be nice if the PNG writing code from
> Sword25::Screenshot::SaveToFile() would use the existing thumbnail code
> instead.

Yeah I guess it would be nice to use it. Of course currently the
thumbnail code only outputs 320x200/320x240 thumbnails (or something
around that) IIRC.

// Johannes