[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2.5 engine

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Oct 20 16:01:22 CEST 2010

Hi again,

in order to make our integrated lua "clean", we'll have to go through engines/sword25/util/lua/ and clean up all uses of potentially non-portable or dangerous stuff in there

The following calls need to be dealt with, at the very least.

in loslib.cpp:
* strerror
* system (!!)
* remove
* rename
* tmpname / mktemp
* getenv
* clock
* gmtime
* localtime
* mktime
* time
* difftime
* setlocale
* exit

in liolib.cpp and lauxlib.cpp:
* fopen, fread, fwrite, fclose, fseek, setvbuf, ...

in loadlib.cpp: stuff for dealing with loadable modules (which we don't really need, do we?)
* fopen / fclose

And of course setjmp resp. throw/catch use needs to be dealt with, too.

Gee...  Sounds like quite some work. My hope is that many of these funcs won't be needed at all, and thus can simply be removed / replaced by empty stubs. Somebody who knows the games and their scripts well enough will have to determine that.

Bye,