[Scummvm-devel] Android port

Angus Lees alees at google.com
Sun Oct 24 08:54:50 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 10:10, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
> Status of current Android port is completely unknown, at least to me.
>
> I got approached by another dev who offered to help with the port. He is
> quite successful on Android scene, particularly he is author of
> OpenTyrian for Android.
>
> What do you guys think about this, especially I would like to know
> Angus' opinion.

More help is obviously a good thing - so far Scott is the only other
person I'm aware of who has even tried building the Android port...

I have a patch that I was hoping to submit this weekend that fixes
GLES initialisation on a number of devices (notably Droid) - other
than that bugfix the port is in pretty good condition.  The major
missing feature is a way to configure alternate "right click" input
methods, to deal with differences in device and game.

I get very little time to actually sit down and code atm -
particularly while also being online and able to interact with svn,
Android market, etc  :(   I still hope to get an hour or two this
evening to submit the Droid patch, build a new release and test on my
handful of Android devices ...

 - Gus