[Scummvm-devel] Merging remaining GSoC branches (Attention PORTERS!)

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Thu Oct 28 19:36:09 CEST 2010

Max Horn wrote:
>> A few of us are hacking around with this branch and (IMHO) there may be a
>> few things that make it undesirable to commit into trunk just yet.
>> I know Jordi has been looking at OpenGLes for some backends he was working
>> on as have I (OpenPandora, I'll merge in the GLes variant of the backend as
>> soon as I get it doing more than corrupt screens ;-)).
>>
>> Joost and I also planned to talk about this branch shortly and maybe cram
>> some hacking time in.
>
> Hi folks,
>
> so what is the status of that branch? I am eager to merge it, or at least the modularization parts of it. Maybe if you told us wha thte undesirable bits are, we could either peform a partial merge, or help resolving the issues?

After talking to John about this we came to the conclusion that the
problems he was having were most likely due to improper use of egl for
creating the window / context, and not a fundamental problem with our
GL(ES) code.

Unfortunately John accidentally reverted his local changes so we didn't
get to look at the actual problem last weekend. :-/

As far as I'm concerned this shouldn't hold up the merge, seeing as the
OpenGL rendering is optional.

Regards,
Joost