[Scummvm-devel] convert_dxa

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Fri Sep 17 19:21:58 CEST 2010

> In our tools repository we have sample convert_dxa scripts
> (convert_dxa.bat,
> convert_dxa_one.bat, convert_dxa.sh). They still seem to be using the old,
> standalone encode_dxa, which is now part of scummvm-tools-cli.
>
> Does anyone know how to convert them to work again?
>
> Or should we just remove the scripts since we support SMK now anyway?

I find the DXA movies to run more fluidly and with less sound interruptions. That's why I would leave the possibility for users to convert the SMK's to DXA's. Also, we don't know if there will be legal trouble with the SMK code in the future and have to fall back to DXA.

Are you experiencing any troubles with the tools (since you are asking how to convert them to work again)?

Regards
Simon Sawatzki