[Scummvm-devel] GOG.com affiliate program vs dotemu.com

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Tue Sep 28 08:50:41 CEST 2010

Hi Eugene, hi Team,

why haven't you removed the link on the bottom of the page yet? Is it harder to do?

My personal opinion is that those links should not be readded. We are all living in capitalism countries and especially GOG should know how economy works. Microsoft would not make advertisement for Apple unless they pay the right sum of the money for it. Also, it is bad for business when partners are ignored. Thus I think we should not make advertisement for them anymore.

However, I agree partially with Paul Gilbert. Our visitors should be informed where to buy games. But for this reason I think it is enough to point to the "Where to buy games" list in the Wiki. I don't think we should give GOG any advantage over any other company that sells those games. It does not make sense for me.
   By the way, I would recommend to change the "Where to buy games" link on the Wiki mainpage to something that shows that there are also some games listed that can be gotten for free (like TeenAgent).

So in short: We should not readd links to GOG but instead to the Wiki page "Where to buy games". Also the one link leftover should link to this page instead (of course the image needs to be replaced therefore).

For the dotemu affilation program: As long as they value their business partners, have a more profound knowledge of economy than GOG does and will not play tricks on their customers, I think it is worth a try. The bad experiences with GOG should not frighten people from trying business with new partners.

Kind regards
Simon Sawatzki
--
GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl