[Scummvm-devel] Adding support for selecting a 'pluginpath' on the command line?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 28 14:33:36 CEST 2010

Am 28.09.2010 um 14:13 schrieb John Willis:

> Hi Max,
>
>> You could simply put the equivalent of
>> #define PLUGIN_DIRECTORY "../plugins"
>> somewhere, e.g. in configure add a -D for it to DEFINES..
>
> Hmmm, in 'over' thinking this I had missed the really simple solution ;).

Actually, it is pretty hard these days to keep track of all the defines and settings and tricks and all :/. I didn't remember it either, I just found it by looking at the source, by chance. But it could have been in one out of a dozen files...

Maybe a Wiki page (or a simple text file in the repos) which tries to list all the various defines we use (like UNIX, USE_ARM_SOUND_ASM, DISABLE_DOSBOX_OPL, ...), briefly explains what it's good for, and relevant locations (i.e., where it is typically set, or checked for: Say: "typically set by configured, affects code in file X".

Any volunteers to at least *start* the page? :)

[...]

> Hmmm, that actually seems VERY sensible; it also matches up with the
> behaviour of things like addSysArchivesToSearchSet so would seem a lot more
> logical from the porters point of view.
>
> Also, it's not going to be a bad idea to have this in place when we commit
> the enhanced plugin support to trunk and a whole lot more devices get the
> options to use the plugins (and no doubt will bring about quirks in pathing
> etc.). I guess the only question is do you want to do it or shall I?

Please go ahead if you have the time for it :)