[Scummvm-devel] External classic theme

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Thu Sep 30 21:13:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

When starting ScummVM from my source code working copy, I have access to both an external Classic Theme and the builtin classic Theme. However I believe the external one is not part of the installation (e.g. it is not listed in DIST_FILES_THEMES in Makefile.common). I can understand that since until now it was identical to the builtin theme. But now with translations the external Classic theme contains the fonts to be used with Russian and Ukrainian translations while the builtin theme doesn't.

So shouldn't we ship the external Classic Theme with ScummVM now (so that it can be used with Cyrillic fonts)?

And then a second question: if the external Classic theme is found, should we hide the builtin one from the list of available themes shown to the user (even if DISABLE_GUI_BUILTIN_THEME is not defined)? Or is there a reason why we would like to keep both listed?

Thierry