[Scummvm-devel] Status of ScummVM Android port

Angus Lees alees at google.com
Thu Apr 7 01:56:18 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 20:22, Andre Heider <a.heider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Angus: Did you look into or try to use the shared user id?

Yes. I was the one who discovered/filed the bug pointing out that you
can't upgrade from non-shared to shared :P
I agree that shared uids are a better way to go(*) if we were ever to
break the upgrade path.

(*) Only downside is that the current version (using cache dir)
auto-deletes the uncompressed libraries if internal flash ever gets
low on space, like it can easily on original Android devices.
Unpacking at install-time is faster at app start-time, but means the
flash space is always consumed.

 - Gus