[Scummvm-devel] Merging TsAGE engine into trunk

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 06:28:14 CEST 2011

Hi all,

With Strangerke joining my efforts in implementing all the scene logic for
the Ringworld game, we've been rapidly progressing, and are currently down
to implementing the last two game scenes. As such, I thought it a good idea
to get any reactions or objections to merging the game into the trunk.

As a summary of our current progress:
* We're currently onto implementing the last two game scenes.
* No sound is supported yet - I'm currently in-progress in disassembling the
sound handling code, so expect to start implementing it soon.
* We haven't yet done a full play-through of the game, so there may be some
bugs in the scenes, but nothing major is anticipated.
* There are some other known glitches still to be fixed, such as in
pathfinding and some minor graphics glitches in some scenes.

Miscellaneous:
* I'd still like to implement the original game's cheating/debug
functionality, as I'm in favour of having the engine as close to the
original as possible.
* I'd also like to add support for the demo version later on, although
that's something of a low priority - the demo is just an interactive slide
show of some of the game scenes, but it'd be nice to support it.
* The code could use a cleanup, as it occasionally has fields named like
'_field30A', due to me not understanding a field's purpose at the time I
implemented the code for it.

Given that the bulk of the game is implemented, I'm in favour of merging it
into trunk; this will make it easier if anyone else wants to assist us in
the final bug-fixing/polishing of the game engine..

Comments, anyone?

Regards,

DreamMaster.