[Scummvm-devel] Fedora ScummVM package (Was: Merging TsAGE engine into trunk)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Apr 8 23:03:59 CEST 2011

Am 08.04.2011 um 17:28 schrieb Willem Jan Palenstijn:

> On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 05:14:13PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta Prat wrote:
>> That's what I meant. There's just no need to package extra source
>> files that won't be used. IMHO it just adds the chance some
>> distribution packager will enable it.
>
> This does happen: Fedora's scummvm package enables all engines.

I just had a look at the .spec file under  <http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=scummvm.git>, and indeed, they do that. Yuck! We should definitely file a bug report with them about that.

Also, on <<https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/scummvm>> they are using a heavily outdated description for ScummVM, calling it ALPHA software -- the text seems to be based on a version of the README which was last used in the 0.4.x release. Ouch.

The .spec description is also outdated, it still refers to ScummVM as beta (a mistake we admittedly also made in 1.0.x and 1.1.x, but fixed in 1.2.x).

Could somebody who actually uses Fedora or at least knows a bit about it (e.g. how one reports bugs properly :) file a report on this (and maybe send the URL, so that we can track it / chime in if necessary)?