[Scummvm-devel] libogg vs. tremor

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Sun Apr 10 09:11:03 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm currently cross-compiling all the needed libraries for a WebOS
release and now I wonder if there are any disadvantages about using
tremor instead of libogg. I know tremor was build for embedded devices
but WebOS devices are pretty powerful. Even the smallest phone (The Palm
Pixi und Palm Pre) has a 500-600MHz processor with 256 MB RAM while
current devices (The Palm Pre 2) have 1GHz and 512 MB RAM. And there are
no annoying memory limits like on Android. Ogg soundtracks (Zak
McKracken FM-Towns) plays nicely on my old Palm Pre when using libogg.

So maybe it's better to use the fully-fledged OGG library instead of
tremor on these devices? Or is there absolutely no benefit?

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]