[Scummvm-devel] Fedora ScummVM package (Was: Merging TsAGE engine into trunk)

Tarek Soliman tarek-spam at zeusmail.bounceme.net
Thu Apr 14 21:57:39 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 11:36:44PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as Johannes said: These changes are mainly for the release branches, and there, I don't think we need to worry much about stuff. But I guess I'd already be happy if we blocked out --enable-release plus --enable-all-engines; so --enable-release plus --enable-UNSTABLE-ENGINE would still work. We could implement the code for that on the master branch. If it is too annoying for porters, we could consider commenting it out on master and only enabling it on release branches. Whatever works :).
>
> And I'd turn it into an actual error, that causes configure to abort and print out an explanatory text.
>
> Any volunteers interested in implementing this?

I have done it both ways, feel free to pick.

One way errors when both are present (as you suggested)
https://github.com/tsoliman/scummvm/branches/configure-enhancement-error

The other way ignores --enable-all-engines if --enable-release is present
https://github.com/tsoliman/scummvm/branches/configure-enhancement-fallback
--
Tarek