[Scummvm-devel] Fedora ScummVM package (Was: Merging TsAGE engine into trunk)

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Fri Apr 15 12:37:02 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 11:31:27AM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
> Am 08.04.2011 um 23:03 schrieb Max Horn:
> > Could somebody who actually uses Fedora or at least knows a bit about it
> > (e.g. how one reports bugs properly :) file a report on this (and maybe
> > send the URL, so that we can track it / chime in if necessary)?
>
> Is there anybody here who could please do this?
>
> <rant>This time I swear I won't cave in and just do it myself, as so often. I
> mean, I don't use Fedora, not even Linux. If nobody else here is sufficiently
> bothered by this, then why should *I* care?</rant>

I've already contacted the Fedora maintainer just before our last release, but
couldn't convince him to drop the enable-all-engines flag. (But I also haven't
pressed the issue.)

The reply was:
"
Well if there is at least one game playable in an engine its worth enabling.
It's really convenient for packaging as I do not have to --enable-sci
--enable-sci32 --enable-some-new-engine.
Of course I could use a set of --enable but I would rather enable
unsupported games/engine than disabling playable games.
"

-Willem Jan