[Scummvm-devel] Evaluating GitHub issues tracker

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Mon Apr 25 23:49:56 CEST 2011

On 04/24/2011 01:47 PM, Max Horn wrote:
> 4) Power and ease-of-use for developers:
> It should be possible to add useful meta-info to the reports (by us developers, I mean) without having to resort to nasty tricks (like prefixing an "ENGINE NAME:" in bug titles, like we do on SF.net). I like that SF.net provides a category&  group field, but it is far too limited in that it does not allow arbitrary "categories", nor tags. The github issue tracker is IMHO worse, as it only allows "labels" (and in a test I just did on Firefox 4, these did not work *at all* :/).
>
> Another important feature: Good "reporting", i.e. being able to list "all open bug reports about the TOON engine on platform WinCE" and stuff. SF.net tracker is doing reasonably well here. But do not *force* this on me like trac does (I hate that).

I am not sure but I checked the issues on residual in github and labels
seemed to work fine with firefox 4 (frankly I didn't try to create an
issue there). Also it seems to allow to filter by selecting labels and I
would *guess* that you can select two labels and only issues tagged with
both are shown. That seems better nicer than what sf.net's tracker
features IMHO, but I didn't check that in depth yet.

// Johannes