[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Beta published for WebOS

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Apr 28 14:51:39 CEST 2011

So, I wonder where to put this... Maybe on <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Release_Testing/1.3.0> ? But that seems to be about testing games, not about testing ports. Is there an equivalent page for ports? Or could we maybe insert a paragraph there which asks people to test ports, with a pointer to <http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html>, but maybe also to this WebOS binary (and other testing binaries?)

If we point people to < http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html>, though, we should wait until we branched off the 1.3.x branch (assuming this is the model we are going to use for our work... it is a bit ungitty, but for the short-term might be the easiest... we can change things for 1.4.x).

In addition, we should tweak <http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html> a bit. It lists "stable branch", but that would soon point to the 1.3.x testing branch, and calling that "stable" might confuse people. So maybe we can change that to "1.2.x branch" (now) resp. "1.3.x branch" after it switched.

> Alternatively the app can be accessed via Preware, which also scans
> Palm's Beta App Catalog feeds.

I will also add a WebOS subforum to <http://forums.scummvm.org/>, you could post a request for testing there, including the above URL.

Bye,