[Scummvm-devel] Sierra games naming

LionsPhil lionsphil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 21:30:57 CET 2011

On 03/01/2011 20:23, Hubert Maier wrote:
> The next games which also fall under "AGI remake" does not feature the "SCI
> Remake" in the name at all, not even in the description.
> These games are suddenly "VGA Remake", probably because the AGI versions were EGA
>
> lsl1sci    "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards" (VGA
> Remake/DOS/English)

For what it's worth, this is consistent with sq1sci, the "VGA Remake" of
Space Quest 1. "VGA Remake" is how Sierra marketed these.

Principle of least confusion. I add my VGA Remake of SQ1 to ScummVM, it
calls it a VGA Remake in the UI rather than some other three letters to
do with implementation detail.

Phil