[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM report for DACA

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Tue Jan 4 20:33:24 CET 2011

On 01/04/2011 07:49 PM, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
> FYI: Debian has recently started the DACA (Debian Automated Code Analysis)
> project, which performs static code analysis on the whole archive:
> http://qa.debian.org/daca/. More scanners will be added in the upcoming
> months, but it's already useful in spotting bugs.

Thanks for notifying us!

> The reports for scummvm can be found at
> http://qa.debian.org/daca/pkgsearch.php?package=scummvm
>
> The checks of cppcheck should be self-explaning.

Some of our developers are using cppcheck too. Sadly it has quite a lot
of false positives. On the other hand some of the real errors reported
there are fixed in our development tree already.

It might definitly be nice when you will have some other nice analysis
tools setup soon :-).

> In case you're wondering
> what checkbashims does: It validates Shell scripts for syntax elements,
> which are only provided by bash, but not by a standard POSIX shell..
> Such scripts commands should be replaced by portable commands or the
> shebang be modified to /bin/bash.

I am not sure about this, but is "/bin/bash" really safe in this case?
What if your system places the shell in "/usr/bin/bash" would it still
work fine then? Anyway it seems only to warn about a potentional
bashism, so I guess one with POSIX shell knowledge should look into it.

// Johannes