[Scummvm-devel] scummvm-tools git conversion, second edition

Ori Avtalion ori at avtalion.name
Fri Jan 7 14:01:07 CET 2011

Hey all,

Here's the updated repository:

https://github.com/salty-horse/scummvm-tools/

I think I handled all of the issues raised:

* Tags are in the proper place
* Dead branches were tagged as dead/branch-name
* Users are renamed
* Added .gitignore
* Bad svn tagging commit removed, along with empty non-merge commits
* Long git-svn-id strings edited to be "svn-id: r123"

Attached is the script I used.

It assumes a git-svn'd repository (without any author name manipulation).
I think it can be useful for other migration. Maybe it should be put on
the wiki (without the author list).

If people are OK with how the repository looks, we can start discussing
actual workflow :)

-Ori