[Scummvm-devel] OSystem::displayLogFile()

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Jun 3 16:21:30 CEST 2011

Am 03.06.2011 um 15:06 schrieb Willem Jan Palenstijn:

> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 01:36:48PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
>> I made a preliminary implementation of OSystem::displayLogFile(), for Mac OS
>> X only. I hope others will add at least implementations for Windows and
>> Linux. I hope the doxygen docs are clear enough for that, but if in doubt,
>> ask.
>
> I don't have much experience with these desktop things on Linux, but could we
> use xdg-open for this on Linux? I hope most modern distributions support that.

Sounds plausible to me. Just go ahead and implement it (or get somebody else to do it, but it should be only a few lines anyway). Ideally, of course, also with some code that detects if xdg-open is available first. This way, fallbacks could be implemented.

What about *BSD* systems? Do they also have xdg-open, or something similar?

Bye,