[Scummvm-devel] Dreamweb engine inclusion.

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Wed Jun 15 19:27:37 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-15 17:38, Max Horn wrote:

> First off, I assume that with the engine being merged, fixing any
 > warnings triggered by the generated code will become a priority.
 > Recognizing unused labels could also be combined with recognizing
 > (and removing) dead code, such as the code following the label
 > "alreadyloaded" in line 21414.

I believe there are also some unused functions. (Some were used by the
PCX decoder, which has already been rewritten.)

> Next, I think it would be still be of great use if some effort was
 > spent on making the generated code cleaner / more "human readable",
 > for I assume a lot of debugging will be using it (simply because
 > that's where gdb&  valgrind will have to work with)... But then
 > again, maybe I am alone with this ?

I've been saying from the start that in the long term, I would prefer if
the code was rewritten to be more maintainable/understandable, though
the auto-translation was a pretty neat way of getting it to run at all.
(There was an attempt at rewriting it in C++ from scratch, but that
never got very far. Perhaps it would be easier now?)

Torbjörn Andersson