[Scummvm-devel] Splitting common/util.h -> engines/util.h, maybe splitting common

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Jun 20 01:06:27 CEST 2011

Hi Fuzzie,

thanks for your feedback, which I very much appreciate.

Am 16.06.2011 um 16:09 schrieb A. Milburn:

> On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 03:40:48PM +0200, Max Horn wrote:
>> For 1 & 2, they seem to clearly belong into engines/ , unless I am missing something.
>
> I'm not sure I agree with 'clearly belong', since e.g. the video/ stuff and
> most of audio/ is only used by engines.

True enough. Maybe another topdir would then be the way to go. Or maybe everything in engines/ be moved over to common.

Alas, most likely, things will just stay as they are; as I am apparently the only one who seems to be unhappy with the current state of affairs.

> Perhaps another directory,
> engines/common/?

That would be easily confused with an engine named "common". I really don't think we should use subdirs of engines/ for anything but an engine.

> Don't know if that's what you meant. engines/ itself seems
> already a bit cluttered to me, with helper tools like the advancedDetector
> and the new obselete.cpp mixed in with the 'shared' stuff used by the GUI
> (e.g. metaengine, game, savestate, etc).

Yeah. I would love to get all this cleaned up, and with my email I hoped to trigger some brain storming. Alas, as usual, the storm turned out to be a mild breeze at most.

So, I'll just forget about this.