[Scummvm-devel] Dreamweb code (+ general ScummVM focus/vision)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Mon Jun 20 03:46:39 CEST 2011

> > I do not say we should remove it from master right now! We should rather
> > talk
> > about what we really want with ScummVM (or in ScummVM). IMHO the merging
> > shows
> > that we really do not live up to our standards anymore when it comes to
> > supporting new games.
>
> Well, the game isn't supported yet, so I feel this is a moot point right
> now.
> I certainly would NOT want it to be supported if its source is in that
> autogenerated
> state.

We just give the wrong sign to the world by accepting it. Also we give a
contradictionary sign by saying we don't want that in the current state. So
why did we accept it, just to have a new game? Great I guess we can include a
DOS emulator too then and just don't make it officially supported, since we
don't want to support games like that, but it's fine for now, and we wait for
people to "properly" support the games. I hope this was not too much sarcasm,
but I think this is just plain illogical how we accept it but are against
using it.

// Johannes