[Scummvm-devel] Samsung Wave/BADA port

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Jun 20 20:28:23 CEST 2011

Am 20.06.2011 um 12:25 schrieb Chris Warren-Smith:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Great news, I've finally got the launcher displaying on my (wave S8500) phone!
>
> I have not yet tried any games and I still need to make a few minor changes etc.
>
> I'm having a few problems with Git. I followed the steps to fetch,
> rebase etc as outlined in the Git_tips wiki page. It all seemed to
> work ok, but then I get an error (failed to push some refs ...) when
> attempting to push additional code changes to my repository. Also,
> when I try to repeat the fetch/rebase steps I get an error complaining
> about the rebase-apply directory still being present.
>
> Does anyone know how to get around this? Ideally I'd like to get my
> code merged into the base some time soon.

There are different possibilities:

Maybe you never completed your rebase attempts. Maybe the rebase you did failed, or had a conflict and you finished it. You can use "git rebase --abort" to abort any in-progress rebase.

Or maybe you used rebase in your local branch, which mean you changed its history. Git will not allow you to overwrite the public history on github unless you explicitly force it to do so. git does this to protect your and people who are using your public repository.

You can use the "-f" option for "git push" to force it to upload the rewritten history to github.

Bye,