[Scummvm-devel] Including README translations

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Fri Jun 24 01:59:11 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

Thierry and I discussed this night if it would be possible to include our README translations in the (stable) builds and also in the buildbot builds. However, there might be conversions to another encoding necessary depending on the operating system the build is made for. The original encoding is UTF-8. For Windows, we already figured that with the command

iconv -f UTF-8 -t CP1252 Liesmich.txt > win/Liesmich.txt

the translated README could be converted to Windows used encoding.

Could the inclusion of the two translated READMEs (French and German) be easilly achieved? Is it maybe too early? Can the buildbot be adapted to this easily?

I am looking forward to your thoughts on that and I would be glad if our translations could make it to the next stable release.

Kind regards
Simon