[Scummvm-devel] Including README translations

Simon Sawatzki SimSaw at gmx.de
Sat Jun 25 17:11:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

> > > The files work fine for me, and I don't need the 3 BOM bytes you
> > > mentioned to read them properly.

I tested again and you seem indeed to be right: Notepad on Windows XP and Vista (and probably also between or above) seems to autodetect it. I probably have it confused with another text viewer I use. This one needs the header to distinguish between ANSI and UTF-8.

Thierry or any other Mac user: Is there any problem if the files have an UTF-8 header on the Mac?
If no, we might add the header globally and thus have a text file in a "clean" way, so that no detection that might fail is necessary.

Regards
Simon