[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.4.0 soon?

John Willis John.Willis at Distant-earth.com
Tue Mar 8 15:14:38 CET 2011

> Hi Team,
>
> I am back from the business trip, and now thinking about starting a
release
> cycle soon.

I assume we skipped 1.3 for superstitious reasons ;)

> Thus, I am curious about status of following things, mainly when do you
> guys think they could be ready, so I could postpone the release for the
sake
> of these features:
>
>   - Myst
>   - Riven
>   - Hugo (I know I owe piece of code there, anything else?)
>   - Android port
>   - iOS port
>   - OpenGL backend
>   - translation status (any luck with Greek, md5?)

I would LOVE to see the culmination of Andre and Gus's work on the Android
backend come to its logical conclusion and give us a definitive 'official'
release that we can push on the market etc.

Reading Oystein's recent mail, it also strikes me that the iOS backend just
needs some TLC, not sure who can do that mind you ;).
The WinCE build in trunk also seems to be buildable; I have got it building
but have not had much chance to test it or work on any issues, I could do
the builds but little else. Is there an appetite for WinCE releases?

I would suggest that the OpenGL work is kept disabled for this release cycle
for the SDL backend and is only enabled in specific backends where is may be
needed/desireable.

Additionally, all my backends are in need of a little TLC and I have been
slowly hacking them into shape recently (I'll push my branch up when they
are all working well again).

Cheers,

John