[Scummvm-devel] Creating demos.scummvm.org ?

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Wed Mar 23 18:59:36 CET 2011

Robert Megone <robert.megone at gmail.com> writes:

> I understand the point about useful duplication, the only issue is
> staying consistent between two hosts.
>
> The demos currently stand at ~5.25GB and I maintain a backup on my
> computer(probably not regularly enough).

For a pure mirror setup, just running a cron job with rsync should
handle the consistency issue nicely.  As long as no new/modified
files exist, this just amounts to statting all the files, so it's
pretty cheap.

It's possible to run rsync as a daemon listening on a port, if a
setup with ssh login to the master server is impractical or otherwise
undesirable.

  // Marcus