[Scummvm-devel] BuildBot

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon May 2 11:03:10 CEST 2011

Am 02.05.2011 um 09:00 schrieb Klaus Reimer:

> On 05/02/2011 08:26 AM, Klaus Reimer wrote:
>> never worked with BuildBot before, I use Hudson (or now Jenkins) instead
>> for my own projects, so I have a few questions:
>
> Sorry, forget these questions. Found all answers in the Wiki :-)

No worries :) but yeah, we try to put all such info on Wiki pages, such as <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Buildbot> (and if some information is not there, everybody is welcome to add it, or post a request for it to be added).

I'd like to address one point, though: You were asking whether it is possible to get an email upon build failure. Right now, this is not possible (as the Wiki page explains). However, if more people are interested in this, we could easily add a MailNotifier step (assuming there are no unforseen pitfalls with that), see <http://buildbot.net/buildbot/docs/current/MailNotifier.html>. In addition / instead of emailing "relevant" developers, it could also notify a to-be-created mailing list.

Lastly, I should point out that our buildbot generates RSS feeds, which might also be useful for receiving notifications about build issues, but I never tried them.

Bye,