[Scummvm-devel] Conditionally compiling components (Was: Clarifying & cleaning configure's cross-compiling craziness)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Wed May 4 17:25:12 CEST 2011

On 05/04/2011 05:18 PM, Max Horn wrote:
> Alas, it *is* annoying that e.g. the whole jpeg decoder is currently *always compiled in, even when unused -- for the Nintendo DS port, this accumulates to quite a big problem, I think.

I am not sure whether this is really a problem for NDS. I think back in
the days we introduced the possibility to conditionally compile Indeo3
because of the NDS, on the other hand IIRC Neil said that it didn't help
(much? at all?), since all unused code is stripped in the linking phase
(or in the strip phase, can't remember) anyway.

// Johannes