[Scummvm-devel] Translations of the About text in ScummVM

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sun May 8 22:16:37 CEST 2011

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

>> If the Ukranian locale is active, don't you have to map it to
>> iso-8859-5 instead of latin1?
>
> No, because this mapping is only used as a fallback, when no translation is available. The idea is that then only the built-in font is available, which in turn is latin1 based, too.

Hm, maybe I'm missing something about how the translation system in
ScummVM works, but to me it's not obvious how it follows that only
latin1 fonts are available from the fact that the Ukrainian
translation does not provide a translation for the msgid
"Touché", thus making a fallback necessary...

Anyway, if only mapping to latin1 should be perfomed, I'd like to
suggest "Touché" instead of "Touché", to avoid bloating
lookup tables.  Or even better, one could have "Touché" in the code,
and map it to "Touché" in the non-fallback case, no?

  // Marcus