[Scummvm-devel] Wii & Gamecube (resp. PowerPC) vs. unaligned memory access

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon May 9 16:41:56 CEST 2011

As a small update, the (strict) aliasing warnings might be useful, even if we ultimately disable strict aliasing. E.g. it just pointed me to this code in m4/mads_logic.cpp:

void MadsSceneLogic::initialiseDataMap() {
	// The unique order of these items must be maintained
	MAP_DATA((uint16 *)&_madsVm->scene()->_abortTimersMode2);

Note that _abortTimersMode2 is an enum, which usually is an int, which is 32bit, so I would expect that code to fail to work correctly on big endian systems.

Any warning that can find true bugs and is not *too* obnoxious (this one doesn't seem to be, at least on my system) is potentially useful, isn't it :).

Bye,