[Scummvm-devel] Translations of the About text in ScummVM

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Thu May 12 01:19:01 CEST 2011

> Le 6 mai 2011 à 15:03, Max Horn a écrit :
> > Another thing that is currently not being translated is the output of
> > "--help", by the way, which also would be nice to have translated.
>
> Can we use any encoding for stdout (or wherever the help is printed to),
> such as the ones currently used for the translations of the GUI?

We *could* output translated strings on stdout, since the used charset is
locale and terminal dependant we can't assume it's the same encoding as our
fonts use though.

In fact I think we had that for a short time, where we converted the strings
via iconv to the charset setup in the locale. Then again I am not sure whether
it's worth it.

// Johannes