[Scummvm-devel] Picture engine addition

Filippos Karapetis bluegr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 02:25:54 CET 2011

Hello

As you know, Benjamin Haisch (johndoe) has been working on (yet) another
engine: picture, used for one game, 3 Skulls of the Toltecs:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/3-skulls-of-the-toltecs

It's a great western adventure game, with a nice cartoonish animation and a
wacky plot.

D G Turner (digitall) has done compilation fixes and cleanup, and I've
worked on some parts of the engine (like the menu, the music,
done some bugfixes etc).

The game is completable and the engine is scripted and quite simple. There
are some minor glitches left, but overall, the code is in pretty good shape.

I've done an initial grafting of the SVN history to git here:
https://github.com/bluegr/scummvm-picture

This includes the (slightly amended) full history of the picture folder,
containing the full engine source, a patch to include it and a TODO file. I
am not sure how to merge this with the actual ScummVM commit history, so
people with more knowledge on git than me should better do this instead :)

Thoughts?
Your feedback would be welcome :)

Regards
Filippos

--
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes" - Oscar Wilde