[Scummvm-devel] engine names

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Fri Nov 18 13:18:46 CET 2011

Hi all,

With a couple of new single-game engines approaching completeness, I'd like to
poll what you think about their engine names. Specifically, is there any good
reason why CGE isn't called Soltys, and why Picture isn't called Toltecs?

The consistency argument really doesn't hold IMO, since all our existing
single-game engines have a name strongly based on the game name (Cruise, Draci,
Drascula, Dreamweb, Lastexpress, Lure, Queen, Sky, Sword1, Sword2, Sword25,
Teenagent, Toon, Touche, Tucker). Only the multi-game engines have more
general names.

In short, I'd propose renaming Picture to Toltecs (pre-merge), and if it's not
considered too much of a hassle, CGE (back) to Soltys (before announcing support).

-Willem Jan