[Scummvm-devel] GUI options/layout/etc

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:23:22 CET 2011

On 11/24/2011 08:45 PM, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
>>   We seem to default to 22khz on desktop platforms, something which dates
>>   back in commit history to the first sound support. Can we not default
>>   to 44khz on backends which can reasonably handle that and don't just
>>   ignore the config anyway, and otherwise leave this as a fairly obscure
>>   config option?
> We need doublecheck that Adlib, MT32 and other emulators, particularly
> Amiga ones in SCUMM engine behave correctly with 44kHz. They used to
> have problems with it.

The AdLib emulator should work at every sample rate. The MT-32 emulator
really fixes its rate to 32kHz right now (which should be the same as
the original), so our rate conversion code in the mixer should take care
of that.

I don't know about other emulators, but if they only work at a specific
rate, they should just always return that rate in their getRate()
implementation. Then we can use whatever output rate we like, since our
rate conversion code will handle that.

// Johannes