[Scummvm-devel] GUI options/layout/etc

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:31:39 CET 2011

On 11/24/2011 06:48 PM, Filippos Karapetis wrote:

> Another idea: perhaps we could merge the "Music driver" and "Adlib
> emulator" lists in one? That way, there could be two options for Adlib
> in the new list: Adlib (DOSBox - recommended) and Adlib (MAME - older)

I don't think I like this suggestion. It is confusing to talk about the
emulators in the device setting IMHO. Also in the unlikely case we add
other emulators/support for hardware OPL/make DOSBox the default one day
we would need to fiddle with the audio device code and the audio
selection code to select the emulator. This is rather messy IMHO.

Also right now we still default to the MAME emulator, so recommending
DOSBox would make no sense at all. Mostly because some platforms might
have to struggle with the performance of the DOSBox one. I think we had
some performance tests once on the PSP, but I can't really remember much
about it. Maybe a good time to look into that again...

// Johannes