[Scummvm-devel] GUI options/layout/etc

Hubert Maier raziel_nosgoth at web.de
Fri Nov 25 13:33:40 CET 2011

Hi Johannes,

>> * Is the 'MT-32' tab necessary for backends which can't be
>>    connected to real hardware but can run the emulators? Would it
>>    be possible to just move the combobox to the 'MIDI' tab if the
>>    only options are emulators for which we know whether they
>>    support GM/MT-32 natively, or are those options important even
>>    with an emulator used?

> The "True Roland MT-32" and "Roland GS Mode" settings are in fact
> really only relevant when you have real MIDI hardware to connect.
> The latter option is in fact only used by the SCUMM engine to set
> GS synths to a MT-32 compat mode to allow a bit nicer playback of
> MT-32 tracks on them (it's far from perfect though, since IIRC the
> devices ignore the instrument change sysExs).

If i understand you correctly, the "Roland GS Mode" is for "nicening"
(Roland) MT-32 tracks on a Roland GS hardware?

Shouldn't this option be greyed out then when one ticks "True Roland
MT-32"?
Maybe i don't get it, but don't they exclude each other?
I mean using "True Roland MT-32" implies (at least i understand it that
way) that one uses the real Roland MT-32 hardware and as such never
uses the "Roland GS Mode"?

Or did i miss something?

Ciao

Hubert