[Scummvm-devel] WebOS and Buildbot

Klaus Reimer k at ailis.de
Mon Nov 28 08:35:32 CET 2011

On 11/27/2011 09:47 PM, D G Turner wrote:
> I would be concerned that rolling our own "unofficial" arm-gcc
> for this could result in some nasty subtle bugs, though I would also
> prefer a fully open built toolchain for this...

As far as I know HP simply uses an unmodified GCC cross compiler from
Code Sourcery (http://www.codesourcery.com/). I'm pretty sure the source
code can be found there but to be honest I would prefer using the
official HP PDK binaries because everyone else will use the same one.
When using a custom build then this will be problematic. It IS already
problematic because the current "old" toolchain IS a custom build and as
you can see ScummVM now no longer works with it because developers use
the official PDK.

So I would really prefer an upgrade to squeeze so the official PDK can
be used. Or maybe it is possible to copy the necessary libraries from a
squeeze system to a custom lib directory and then use the LD_PRELOAD
feature?

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9 53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]