[Scummvm-devel] TsAGE engine and Geekwad

Eugene Sandulenko sev.mail at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:56:24 CET 2011

On 31 October 2011 15:34, Filippos Karapetis <bluegr at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be perfectly honest, the details of this are fuzzy at the moment. The
> metric we are using right now is the amount of hardcoded logic used in each
> game... but this again is not always clear.
As one of the possible options we may just decide to make it really straight:
  - New engines must bring one or more adventure games
  - If there are non-adventure games are built on the same engine as existing,
    completable and supported games are, then we may allow them to be
    merged
  - If engine supports both adventure and non-adventure (very rare case), it
    must be introduced with supporting of adventure games first, not the
    way around

With this in mind both games built on tsage, both EOBs built on Kyra
as well as FTA2 built on SAGA could be merged.

We are talking here about just handful of games, so the discussion and
decision has quite limited scope.

I am not in a position of enforcing or denying this rule in case this
idea does not make anyone feel bad, there are specific developers
wanting to work on the game, and introducing the games does not leave
engines in pieces with degrading quality.

In case someone has strong opinion about this, I'd rather request to
rollback recent skeleton for Geekwad. Please speak up.

Eugene