[Scummvm-devel] SurfaceSDL-Backends and Scaler Plugins

Eric Culp eculperic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:35:56 CEST 2012

On 08/22/2012 03:30 PM, Fabio Battaglia wrote:

> I had the time just for a super quick look, but from a superficial
> analysis it seems that disabling the scalers also disables the aspect
> ratio correction (at least for surfacesdl). Of course, aspect ratio
> correction could be seen as a form of scaling, so this makes sense...
> But also causes problems for low res devices with a 320x240 screen:
> For example I'm glad I can disable scaling code for the Dingoo, as I
> can't really use 2x, HQ etc., but aspect ratio correction is useful to
> fill the whole screen when a 320x200 game is run.
>
> On the master branch the scalers for the Dingux backend are enabled, but
> it's something I'd really like to avoid with your new patch, to save
> more precious memory (and clean my backend graphic code too). Any chance
> a middle level between no scalers (with only 1x and no AR correction)
> and USE_SCALERS (with 2x, 3x etc and AR correction) can be created?

I added a configuration option to enable/disable AR correction
independently of the other scalers.

Pass --disable-aspect to configure to disable AR correction manually.
Otherwise I edited configure such that no changes were made to the way
any of the platforms compiled.

USE_ASPECT is used to control this setting in makefiles and preprocessor
directives.

Eric