[Scummvm-devel] Tony Tough engine

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 13:25:10 CEST 2012

Hi all,

The cat's finally out the bag. We've been working behind the scenes on
converting another game we've obtained source code for. This time, it's for
Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths, a rather fun game in the
style of Monkey Island, if a tad difficult and bizarre at times. This uses
a custom engine called 'MPAL'.  This is also the second engine to use our
coroutine code - the original code has been extensively refactored to use
it, just as we did for the Tinsel engine.

As has been mentioned by fuzzie in the pull request, the game is in a
pretty solid state. There are still a few minor glitches remaining, but
nothing particularly serious. We've discussed it internally, and have
decided to go ahead with the pull request now. Strangerke has created a new
wiki page for the game at http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Tony
We'll shortly also have a TODO page to list any remaining issues that we
currently know about.

Special thanks go to Strangerke for all the work on securing our access to
the original source code. As part of this, the full game will shortly be
available for purchase at Dotemu. Thanks also go to Fuzzie for lots of last
minute bug fixes and cleaning up the code. And to the other developers of
the team who made the occasional commits.

DreamMaster.