[Scummvm-devel] working on a new engine (AESOP)

Matthew Hoops clone2727 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:27:44 CET 2012

Hello!

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM, James Lacey <jamlacey at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I am working on a
> new engine for AESOP based games, namely Eye of the Beholder III and Dungeon
> Hack. While the games are RPGs and not strictly adventure games, I figured
> ScummVM is branching out a little now that Eye and Eye II are being
> supported. I am working on this as a fun project in my spare time so
> progress may be slow, but you can follow it at
> github.com/penenin/scummvm.git.
While I do wish you luck in implementing the engine, I do want to say
right here (before you get involved too deeply), that I would be
against the engine being accepted into ScummVM.

Our discussion last year about this same topic of branching to RPG's
was that we only accepted EOB 1/2 as subengines of the Kyra engine. We
are still an adventure game targeted project.

-Matt