[Scummvm-devel] Keymapper questions.

Willem Jan Palenstijn wjp at usecode.org
Fri Feb 10 10:50:45 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 10:23:46PM -0800, Dan Serban wrote:
> As I'm trying to dive into the keymapper code, I've come across some
> questions that I'm trying to have answered.  If at all possible, please
> keep in mind that I'm new and generally not very serious with my IRC'ing
> and messaging.
>
> 1. When reading Eugene's notes about the future implementation of the
> keymapper, he mentions that a backend cannot know the existence of an
> engine.   This brought up a question:  what defines what a backend is?
> I asked on irc and was pointed to the doxygen docs

I wouldn't exactly phrase it as that a backend cannot know about an engine.

I think the main point of that statement in the notes is that any
engine-specific keys/events should be specified in engine code. And similarly,
any platform-specific keys/events should be specified in backend code.

(To simplify: a backend is the part of the code that handles a specific
platform.)

-Willem Jan