[Scummvm-devel] png

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Jul 18 18:00:00 CEST 2012

On 18 July 2012 17:57, Willem Jan Palenstijn <wjp at usecode.org> wrote:
> Given the missing features (and/or bugs) in our current PNG decoding
> [ https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/pull/258 ], should we revisit our choice
> not to use libpng? That seems to me to be the easiest way to get all required
> features in a well-tested and supported form.
I would say it's better to switch to libpng now.

In the past there were couple of issues connected with it. First was
the code size, but since NDS port seems to be dead now, it is not an
issue. Another thing is upgrading all of the platforms on the buildbot
and upgrading all of the ports.

Which brings to my mind an issue. I wonder whether all of our ports
incorporated freetype2? Seem not.

Eugene