[Scummvm-devel] png

Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen einarjohants at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 00:20:19 CEST 2012

25. juli 2012 kl. 00:10 skrev D G Turner <d.g.turner at ntlworld.com>:
>  If the Core team does decide to press ahead with this anyway, I would
>  suggest that a solution is implemented where the internal PNG decoder
>  is retained as a fallback for builds when libpng is not present, thus
>  ensuring that this is not a mandatory build dependency.

I'd even suggest that we don't fallback to it unless the PNG is interlaced,
since that is a rather rare case, (in that it only affects WME games, and then
at most half of them).

That said, my pull request does handle all but a few cases, wouldn't it be simpler
to look into fixing that? That way everybody would be happy (although I won't
push for it, as I can't put more time into that myself for the next month atleast).

Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen